67 Whippany Campus
Reclaimed, repurposed and redeveloped. A remarkable transformation becomes an innovative workplace for two corporate giants.
Bayer North Campus
- Acquired 1.5 million square feet of vacant office and lab space on 194 acres
- Cultivated support from local government and community for the revitalization of the township’s largest employer and ratable
- Obtained redevelopment approval for corporate office, multifamily, retail, and hospitality
- Secured Bayer Healthcare for 700,000 SF build-to-suit North American East Coast headquarters; sold 94 acres to pharmaceutical giant
- Demolished over 1 million square feet of functionally obsolete office and lab space
- Redeveloped 450,000 SF of existing office space; developed 250,000 SF of new office space; obtained site plan approval for 200,000 SF future expansion
- Achieved LEED Gold certification (including utilization of over 90% recycled materials); nationally recognized by the Armstrong Ceiling Tile Recycling Program as the largest project of 2011 Expanded Bayer’s footprint on the South Campus by selling them 86 rentable acres for future growth and development
- Project honored by NAIOP New Jersey, NJBIA, the Morris County Economic Development Corporation, United Way of Northern New Jersey and the U.S. Green Building Council New Jersey
MetLife South Campus
- Land Sale to Bayer (85 acres)
- Secured 185,000-square- foot, build-to-suit lease with MetLife Investments
- Developed LEED Gold Core and Shell/LEED Platinum Interiors Global Headquarters on 14 acres.
- Five-story building features more than 90 conference rooms, including open meeting spaces on each floor, dedicated rooms for focused work sessions, and a conference center with technologically advanced capabilities; “MetLife Clubs” on each floor expand the idea of a workplace pantry by incorporating a variety of collaboration areas for individual and group use.
- Enhanced dining options include an on-site cafeteria and coffee bar; healthy-living amenities, include a planned walking trail, fitness center, sit-stand desks, and treadmill desk stations